Music Banter - View Single Post - Who is the Greatest of the Big Four of Thrash Metal?
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 10:11 AM   #331 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlehead44483 View Post
Most people who vote for Metallica don't know the history behind them, they wouldn't have made as big of of a scene in metal if it wasn't for Dave Mustaine, Dave Mustaine is like God when it comes to metal, he pretty much created started speed metal and made made every other thrash/metal band that was in the scene before Megadeth have to pick up their pace and step up their game, it was just another ball game once they started, and everyone realized it, he made everyone get off their asses.
I am positive that Metallica would have made it as big as they did even if Dave had never been a member in the first place, Dave was not by any stretch the muscle or brains in that band. Would I argue that he's a great guitar player? No. Dave is a great player. But he is not the reason that Metallica hit it big. Cliff Burton has always been the forefront of talent in Metallica, a brilliant bass player, just too bad he passed away when he did.

I don't know how you came to the conclusion that it was Dave that took Metallica to the heights of fame and success they've achieved, and you couldn't be more wrong about Dave 'creating' speed metal. Dave also didn't make 'everyone' get up off of their ass either, you give the man far, far too much credit.

I probably shouldn't even have taken time out of my day to reply to this, as I doubt you'll even be around again. Point is...

You're wrong.