Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You listening To V.III Metal!
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 11:15 AM   #2566 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNtrivedNiHilism View Post
I thought you had a thread I posted in about their new album and told you to give it a listen? Maybe not.
That's possible. I definitely heard someone mention the name before. Funny thing is, over the last few days I've been researching for the "Freshly Forged" section, new albums released, and had decided to take two from each month. I got to June and wanted the new Virgin Steele but couldn't find it anywhere, so just picked this one. I'll probably find out it's better than the VS in the end!
Quote:
But I agree. I bought the album actually off of iTunes, hadn't heard anything off of it, bought it release day however and listened to it all through one night at work, favored pretty much the entire album, no weak points, just songs that varied on quality but were fairly consistent in regard to being good.
Yeah, I haven't come across one bad song on it.
Quote:
Fan of Lamb of God at all? Their new album is one I'd call pretty great.
Heard one LOG, did not like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post

If you dig Paradise Lost, I'd give My Dying Bride a shot. They were part of a sort of "Big Three" of British gothic doom (along with Anathema). I've never been a big fan of Paradise Lost, but My Dying Bride are pretty excellent, though gothic doom isn't really my fave doom sub-genre.

Early Katatonia is also pretty similar, and better to boot.

And both of these bands lost pretty much all of their death metal influences with later albums, if that means anything to you.
I'll listen to those and get back to you.