Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 12:41 PM   #33433 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Spent the first part of the day with my daughter at court for her little fender bender. Her brakes had gone out (the whole right side, including the wheel cylinder), and she tapped a person in front of her, and they tapped someone in front of them at a stop light (thank God she was only going about 5 mph). No damage, but she let her insurance lapse and was ticketed. She asked me if she was going to jail, and I let her stew on that for a while before letting her know that she'd likely only get supervision and a small fine, which is exactly what happened. She is now signed up for automatic payments, so this won't happen again, and she learned a valuable lesson on how the court system works. That lesson being, don't get caught up in the system because it's designed to be a very uncomfortable experience. Especially Cook County. It's hell. Worse than the DMV.

We used to go to IHOP when she was a little girl and we haven't been there for probably 15 years, so we stopped off there for some lunch on the way home. She didn't get the "Smiley Face" pancakes this time.

Last edited by Plankton; 08-10-2015 at 08:38 PM. Reason: changed a t to an n
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote