Music Banter - View Single Post - Who is the Greatest of the Big Four of Thrash Metal?
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 12:13 AM   #334 (permalink)
Rattlehead44483
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNtrivedNiHilism View Post
I am positive that Metallica would have made it as big as they did even if Dave had never been a member in the first place, Dave was not by any stretch the muscle or brains in that band. Would I argue that he's a great guitar player? No. Dave is a great player. But he is not the reason that Metallica hit it big. Cliff Burton has always been the forefront of talent in Metallica, a brilliant bass player, just too bad he passed away when he did.

I don't know how you came to the conclusion that it was Dave that took Metallica to the heights of fame and success they've achieved, and you couldn't be more wrong about Dave 'creating' speed metal. Dave also didn't make 'everyone' get up off of their ass either, you give the man far, far too much credit.

I probably shouldn't even have taken time out of my day to reply to this, as I doubt you'll even be around again. Point is...

You're wrong.
Simple to why I come to that conclusion, Mustaine wrote a lot of the songs that came on their early albums, only album that Metallica did that Mustaine didn't have anything to do with that was at all tolerable was Justice, after that album Metallica tanked hardcore. And to this day Mustaine is still doing kick ass work and able to play what he writes. And yes, Megadeth was faster, louder and heavier then a lot of the bands out when they started, and the guitar solos in almost every song on every album starting from their first is why bands had to get off their asses.

look up "what other bands have to say about dave mustaine", its on youtube, watch and learn..
Rattlehead44483 is offline   Reply With Quote