Music Banter - View Single Post - The whatever happened to thread...
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 05:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
grindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
People overreact to insults. Especially online. One moment they're feeling okay. Then something is said by a complete stranger and, "oh noes, my poor ego, that bastard made me feel bad". But it's a fallacy. Your reaction to the comment made you feel bad. Not the other person. Someone calls you fat, ugly, skinny, stupid, whatever, maybe it's true, but who cares? The world you were happy in a few moments ago before the comment was made is just the same. The sea still smells the same, birdsong still sounds the same, the sun's still blazing away, your pet still looks adorable, who cares if someone insulted you. But you lose all perspective. You need to reaffirm the self. Convince yourself you aren't fat or stupid or ugly. Haha. But there's no bloody self anyway. And besides, if there are people who like us and praise us, there must be others who dislike and insult us. They go together. To expect one but not the other is madness.
I'd say MB is pretty chill when it comes to insults and there aren't that many people who get really angry because of them.
On the other hand hardly anyone here tries to really hurt someone else.
I personally think guys like ESISO are quite amusing, but if we let them roam totally free, the forums and discussions would suffer at some point,
so I get why they have to be eventually banned.