Music Banter - View Single Post - Who is the Greatest of the Big Four of Thrash Metal?
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 10:39 AM   #337 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNtrivedNiHilism View Post
Not a thing I need to educate myself on in regard to Dave Mustaine, Metallica or their ticket to fame. I do think you're riding hard on Dave's cock though, bit much at that. He's written good music, but you talk about the guy like he's the be all end all of f*cking Metal. Furthermore, is the whole issue that you're using a video from YouTube to back your claim, real cute man. Who cares what a few musicians had to say about Dave and what he's accomplished. People say much more of Metallica.

Dave wrote music on the albums he was a part of, but hardly all of it, and at most some, but the amount he did write was nothing close to what you claim. I don't care who wrote heavier music, Metallica or Megadeth, doesn't f*cking matter here. Why don't you put credit where it is due and make mention of Iron Maiden and Judas Priest. The list of bands they influenced would go on for days. Metallica influenced plenty as well, Megadeth too. But it shows your ignorance or lack of factual knowledge when you claim that Dave Mustaine was responsible for getting musicians 'up off their ass' when Megadeth came about.

Hilarious dude.

When you consider that Dave basically taught James how to play, then it's arguable that he was pretty influential in thrash, even before Megadeth.

Of course when you hear Dave talk about it, he pretty much claims to have taught all three of the other three Big Four bands everything they knew. (Kerry King was a member of Megadeth sometime before they released their first album, and when Metallica went to New York, Anthrax got influenced by them.) It's hilarious to listen to Dave Mustaine to talk about himself at length.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote