Music Banter - View Single Post - Love or Hate?
Thread: Love or Hate?
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 07:36 PM   #1551 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Title: Lateralus
Artiste: Tool
Genre: Progressive Metal
Familiarity: Zero

1. The grudge: Sort of a robotic-like chant before the proper vocal starts. Good guitar work but I have to admit I was quite bored with that. Seemed a bit indulgent?
2. Eon blue apocalypse: Instrumental it says. Very little in it.
3. The patient: No, I'm still bored. Nothing about this is grabbing me at all.
4. Mantra: Another instrumental, with very little instruments. Yawn.
5. Schism: There is, finally, something in this. Still not enough to turn it Green though.
6. Parabol: Vocal is so low I can barely make it out.
7. Parabola: God I am so bored with this album!
8. Ticks and leeches: Honestly, if I hadn't promised to listen to every album all the way through (and I've had to sit through some awful ones in order to honour that promise) I would be stoppping this now. It's like listening to paint dry.
9. Lateralus: I continue to be bored; hard to even keep track of where I am in this godddamn snoozefest...
10. Disposition: Jesus! Finally! A track I can say I like!
11. Reflection: Dear God this is eleven minutes long! Save me! Ok, in fairness this is not too bad. In fact it's quite good. But it's not going to change my mind about this album. It's way too late for that.
12. Triad: Yeah, that's pretty cool too. Way too long for an instrumental though, especially after what I've had to suffer though. Oh and can anyone tell me why some bands though feel the need to add TWO MINUTES OF BLANK FUCKING SPACE after a track? It's so fucking pretentious and very very annoying, and yes I'm aware Marillion did it with fifteen minutes of blank space, and I took them to task over it in the review of their album. I'm not above calling them out if they piss me off.
13. Faaip de Oiad: So what's this? Just some random noise and drums while someone talks about crap? Jebus! Thank god that's over!

End result: I honestly don't see why this album gets such praise. I found it stultifyingly boring, devoid of any really decent songs and I've already forgotten about it. Guess I'll never be a fan of Tool. Yeah, go on, say it: just a tool, I know....

So, Love or Hate? Not even interested enough to Hate it, it's a pure Meh.