Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 12:16 AM   #222 (permalink)
Key

Fallout 3: A Game I Started Time and Time Again, and Only Just Realized How Great It Truly Is. Part II

I know, i'm talking about this game a lot. But it's not really my fault that Bethesda made a game that I fell in love with. Honestly, I would've been surprised if I never fell in love with it, which was almost the case for a while. I really want to touch on something that I didn't touch on before, and while it's probably obvious to everybody else, I have got to say that I am absolutely amazed at the detail that seems to have gone into the making of this game. I'm not really talking about the graphics or the character development, which is pretty good too. I'm talking about the detail in which the game portrays Washington D.C. As soon as I heard that the game was based in Washington D.C., my first thought was..."I wonder what the Lincoln Memorial looks like in a post-apocalyptic world." I'll tell you right now, i'm not disappointed. I have a screenshot of it as well.

Honestly, when I first walked up the steps and saw this, I was both amazed and terrified to see how it was portrayed in a post-apocalyptic setting. I was almost expecting to see the entire statue gone, but i'm glad they went the direction that they did, because it adds a sort of "we don't follow any presidency" feel to the games overall atmosphere. I'm not really sure what i'd expect the Lincoln Memorial to actually look like if we somehow ended up in a post-apocalyptic time, but I'd hope to see it turn out something like the image above. Obviously this is just a game, but it's fun to think about.

Along with that, I took some screenshots of the Washington Monument. I've been to Washington D.C and I have seen both the Lincoln Memorial and the Washington Monument. The attention to detail for both of these is just amazing. It's almost like being there again. Granted I've not been there in years so maybe it's different.

I like this particular image a lot because it's very interesting to see what the world looks like in a post-apocalyptic time, and to have the Washington Monument in the background along with the clouds and moon really add a sort of dark ambiance to everything.

There's a lot of cool stuff to find in this game, and I won't be surprised if I find myself coming back here and posting more screenshots of things that I find. And yes, that is an open invitation to myself to post more screenshots in the near future.