Music Banter - View Single Post - Whats your fav guitar?
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 12:46 PM   #146 (permalink)
Toe
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Not me! The previous owner, actually. I don't know the specific details, but the guitar has three pickups and only the middle is original. Neck and bridge are swapped for GFS pickups (which I know little about). He's also switched stoptails and studs for faber ones and swapped out all the electronics in it .. and various other things too, I think, like the knobs. He seems like a real fiddler, but the guitar sounds pretty sweet.
Nice I have a squier tele that I put GFS jazzmaster pickup in it. Noisy but sounds good. It seems like these days you can get a really good sounding and looking guitar for little investment. Just a bit of time and patience. I find most of the time the most important part of a guitar is how much it suits you.

Like I have a nice American FSR strat that I never worked on but I have a classic vibe squier strat that I've modified with weird parts :Eastwood Filtertron rip off in bridge, p90 from an old univox high flier in middle, and the stock strat in the front. The tremolo arm is broken into place and is overly sensitive and it looks like **** from stickers and scratches. But when it comes down to it it's the guitar I play the most because it suits me the best even if the quality is way lower.
Toe is offline   Reply With Quote