Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 01:32 PM   #33592 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Today was a bad day.

I left my wallet in a friends car last night so I didn't have my license on me when I went out to work today. Murphey's Law reigned its ugly head and I got pulled over. Turns out my vehicle registration was expired by two weeks. ON top of that, I didn't have my license on me. The cops were cool because they technically should have towed my car for it being unregistered but they ended up giving me two tickets for the license and registration. I just looked them up online. The registration ticket is 50 bucks. I'm paying that. The license ticket is $180!

Here's my question. Has anybody done this? I'm going to court on the 25th and going to try to get it dismissed or dropped down. The officer looked me up and saw that I was licensed. I just didn't have the card on me. Maybe I should tell the prosecutor that my wallet got stolen and I got pulled over the day I was going to the DMV to get a new one? Do I have a good shot in getting this tossed? Paying $180 just cause I didn't have my license on me one day is just crazy unfair.

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote