Music Banter - View Single Post - Experimental Music on Spotify Worth Checking Out
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 05:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Again, I'm glad you liked my Beefheart review, Trollheart. It's nice to not be hated. The recording I'm spotlighting this week is:

JOE COLLEY & JASON LESCALLEET – Annihilate This Week (2006 CD release on Korm Plastics)

Links & Quotes:

Record Label Hype

Joe Colley & Jason Lescalleet - Brombron 09

Quote:
Amidst the detritus of yard sale junk and old, broken equipment, Colley and Lescalleet engage in the pursuit of resurrecting the essence of sound and exposing beauty that others discard. Locked away in the recording studio of Geluidwerkplaats Extrapool for ten days, they found music in the natural process of decay. These compositions seem weathered and eroded. Rather than aiming for excitement or dazzling expression, Colley and Lescalleet embrace the tedium of everyday life as something beautiful and compelling. This is music with a slow absorption rate and a high toxicity.
The History of Avantgarde Music. Joe Colley: biography, discography, review, links

Quote:
Sacramento-based digital composer Joe Colley debuted under the moniker Crawl Unit, specializing in generating sounds from negative feedback loops
BOMB Magazine — Jason Lescalleet by Ben Hall

Quote:
For twenty years, Jason Lescalleet has been making electro-acoustic sound work, using all manner of source material to engage listeners in both site and narrative by providing a rich and physical sense of place
Small note from me: All tracks are exactly 10,11, or 15 minutes.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote