Music Banter - View Single Post - 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die - bob.'s Edition
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 07:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

36. N.W.A. - Straight Outta Compton (1988)

Putting aside the importance of the music and lyrics....this album was basically made with Ezay's crack dealing money...or at least Ruthless was started with it....the production is surprisingly great and this album still seems as relevant as it did when i first heard it in the early 90s

the music is definitely of that era of Hip Hop....tons of scratching and great samples....including some great samples from Beastie Boys License to Ill....and the lyrics are genre changing

this album really does not have a bad track....while some are obviously stronger than others....it really is a solid album from beginning to end

i saw the film of the same name this weekend....and just want to say...

both the movie and the album are dope as fuck

37. Jawbreaker - 24 Hour Revenge Therapy (1994)

i'm by the end of this i'll have all of their albums on this list...so might as well start with my favorite

this album really represents what i love about this band....really good and somewhat complex punk rock....amazing well written lyrics...and Blake's smoking scarred voice

again....not s single bad track....this is a testament to the 90s puck scene...and in my opinion is one of the greatest punk albums of all time...with lyrics ranging from wanting to be simplistic, being in love, having your heart broken....and then don';t even get me started on the emotional depth of Condition Oakland

this was also the last Jawbreaker album before Blake had a surgery to help his throat....
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote