Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 09:33 AM   #33655 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

I agreed to take on a solo gig next Saturday. I've played in many bands, but I've never done anything like this. The singer for my last band I was in has been having me over for Ukulele lessons lately, and the other day she asked me if I'd like to take a spot at her new bands next gig to fill in some time. I don't know if it was the beer talking, or I'm actually happy to do this yet, as I've never done the solo thing aside from me practicing in front of friends that happen to be within earshot at home, but I said I'd do it. I'll be playing some of my guitar instrumental material I have on my last 3 albums, and maybe a couple from my covers album. I have the backing tracks already, so it's just a matter of picking a handful and ordering them in a way that flows. I'll be playing them through my phone to a 1/8" input on my Line 6 half stack, where I can play over them through the main 1/4" input for my guitar and HD500 multi-effects pedal. I'm gonna set it all up tonight for a test run and see where I'm at as far as my playing ability goes right now. I've been slacking lately, so I might just suck enough to back out.