Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 11:16 AM   #15461 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Fucking awesome movie about South Korean rebels attempting to assassinate a corrupt general during Japan's occupation of Korea. It's stylistically similar to many other movies about crazy assassination plots (some parts reminded me of Bodyguards and Assassins, although that movie was made in a completely different country, and it was about people trying to stop an assassination), but it really found a way to stand out from the crowd. At first, I thought it was simply an okay movie, but it just got better and better as it went on. There's a bit of comedy here and there, with some jokes being legitimately clever and others coming off as kind of cliche, but overall it was pretty charming. I felt that the dialogue was mostly pretty strong, and there are some great memorable lines.

There are a few scenes where the movie shows and talks about the atrocities committed against the Korean people by Japanese soldiers, including the slaughter of civilians, and I noticed on my way out of the theater that a few older people in the audience were crying. It's not the most historically accurate movie ever, but it seems like it still managed to remind some people of a very real and very dark point in time.
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote