Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 02:04 PM   #33667 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
I agreed to take on a solo gig next Saturday. I've played in many bands, but I've never done anything like this. The singer for my last band I was in has been having me over for Ukulele lessons lately, and the other day she asked me if I'd like to take a spot at her new bands next gig to fill in some time. I don't know if it was the beer talking, or I'm actually happy to do this yet, as I've never done the solo thing aside from me practicing in front of friends that happen to be within earshot at home, but I said I'd do it. I'll be playing some of my guitar instrumental material I have on my last 3 albums, and maybe a couple from my covers album. I have the backing tracks already, so it's just a matter of picking a handful and ordering them in a way that flows. I'll be playing them through my phone to a 1/8" input on my Line 6 half stack, where I can play over them through the main 1/4" input for my guitar and HD500 multi-effects pedal. I'm gonna set it all up tonight for a test run and see where I'm at as far as my playing ability goes right now. I've been slacking lately, so I might just suck enough to back out.
Is she hot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Or set the place on fire and blame it on the communists. Worked for Hitler!
**** that. Take credit for it. Blatant disregard for the safety of your audience is what rock 'n' roll is all about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
No offence, I just meant since she's your lady you might want to make sure she didn't do anything that put her health/life in jeopardy. Not saying anyone needs to control anyone, but if somehow Karen was doing this and I didn't know then I would certainly want to be told, although obviously the circumstances are different.
Dude, if your sister was incapacitated by MS and still partying like a rock star, then I'd say let her do what she do. That would be a truly inspirational story. You could learn a thing or two from her TBH.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote