Music Banter - View Single Post - aux-in's Collection: [The Electronic Continuum]
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 04:03 PM   #36 (permalink)
Aux-In
Wrinkled Magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspoptart View Post
Hahah, you bet! I think Sheepy is still uploading the occasionally good trap/chillstep tracks, but I know what you mean about the tangent. Hit or miss, really, but his taste also seems to evolve over time, and I like that.
Yeah, definitely like what you like. I still haven't figured out why I like some slow music but not other types of slow music. The vast majority of what gets uploaded between all my subscriptions is slower electronic music, and a lot of that all tends to sound the same to me. Wow, I went back and checked and I'm subscribed to 95 YouTube channels between labels, artists, and unofficial, random electronic-music channels. That's hundreds of songs a week and thousands a year, if I were to check every single upload, every single week. And that's just YouTube. Is there such a thing as too much music? I obviously can't get to everything.

With that in mind, the thing about Sheepy was that he stated that his taste was going in that direction. Perfectly fine, but it wasn't for me. I didn't necessarily want to drop him, as he is also very good at matching the background art with the what the song is trying to convey (vibe, feeling, emotions), but my own taste was evolving around that same time, and it wasn't matching up with what he was doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspoptart View Post
I've only made it to your 6th post today but ending with TheFatRat was so good. I love his work. I'm also really into anything remixed by Vanic right now. I also noticed you posted "Kiss the Devil," the Bel-Heir remix, somewhere in here. Adore, adore, ADORE that track.

I will keep reading tomorrow!
Speaking of...

Birdy - "Skinny Love" [Vanic Remix]

^^ From 2014. Vanic's material is well-produced, but this is the style that I like from him. Melodic vocal dubstep is the best .

"All over a bowl of bitter beans."

Last edited by Aux-In; 06-24-2020 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Fixed broken video link
Aux-In is offline   Reply With Quote