Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 08:38 PM   #230 (permalink)
Key

Perhaps not so different than you'd expect. But I want to focus on something that I've found recently. There's a guy on Youtube who goes by the name of SquidPhysics. I found this guy accidentally when I was listening to a song in the Diddy Kong Racing sountrack to post in the video game music thread. There was a related video on the side bar with the title "Diddy Kong Racing Theme Cover (all instruments)", and obviously I had to check it out. I'm happy that I did, because this guy is not only talented, but he does everything so flawless and perfectly that it's almost impossible not to subscribe right away. Here's the video I mentioned:

Upon researching more, he's done a lot more video game based covers from numerous games like Grand Theft Auto, Banjo Kazooie, Halo, and a ton more. The guy is certainly talented and I wanted to showcase his stuff here because it's music and it revolves around video games which are two of my all time favorite thing. I'm pretty much always a sucker for covers of old video games, because I know that some of the older games had some of the best soundtracks. Banjo Kazooie specifically was easily one of my all time favorite video games back then and part of it was due to the soundtrack. SquidPhysics does a cover of the intro to that game, and it's also done so flawlessly:

And yes, he does everything from the banjo playing to the vocal sounds of Banjo and Kazooie, both done amazingly.

Probably my absolutely favorite one that he does though is the theme to The Great Sea from Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. I've always really found this song catchy and calming when being on the boat and going to some place you've never seen before. Nintendo have really been no stranger to amazing soundtracks like I mentioned, and this guy really does them justice. And I don't say that for just about anyone:

Currently this guy only has around 127,000 subscribers on Youtube. IT says he joined in 2011, so that's not a terrible number to be at right now for his channel. I foresee that he'll get really popular as time goes on because if anything, he deserves the attention, which is exactly why i'm posting his music here.