Music Banter - View Single Post - Halloween is coming.
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 04:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
ladyislingering
Maelian

Default Halloween is coming.

Last week, my store recruited several employees from other regional stores to construct our large Halloween display (all new product).

For those of you who don't know, I work in one of the world's most reputable thrift stores. I'm part of our back room team, but I spend more time on the salesfloor than the rest of the team. I make sure there's a place for everything, and everything is in its place (with the exception of housewares, furniture, media, and other non-cloth items).

We finished the setup before our neighboring seasonal competitor (Halloween City) was set to open their own doors.

Since I'm technically part of the customer service atmosphere, it's part of my responsibility to wear costumes or weird accessories.

Spoiler for Here's what I'm up to this year:
I'm putting together a historically accurate 1950s young girl costume, complete with pink poodle skirt, petticoat, stockings, ballerina flats, gaudy earrings, winged eyeliner, cat-eye glasses (which I normally wear anyway) and even an era-appropriate watch. I might only wear the whole thing a few times this year, as weekends are a necessity, but one of my best friends is in charge of the whole thing this year so I'm going out of my way to be a vision of perfection to drive sales.

Furthermore, if we double-bonus (beat projected sales goals twofold) it's an extra $300 in my pocket, so yeah.

I'm seeing a lot of Halloween decorations in many other places, almost as if most retailers have completely skipped over the whole "back to school" thing and flew right into Halloween.

It's only the middle of August, though. What do you think? Is it too early for Halloween?