Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You listening To V.III Metal!
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 01:40 PM   #2599 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Generally when I go on a one-band/artist binge, it's something trashy yet mindlessly catchy (e.g. Manowar, Britney Spears, Hammerfall, Ke$ha, etc), so it's kind of unusual for me be so obsessed with a more "serious" band like Converge. But even though I'm pretty new to the band, I ****ing love them now and don't want to listen to anything else.

Whether they're playing more traditional metal/mathcore like their first two albums, they are just a crushing force of nature. Then Jane Doe hit, they really threw in the grindcore, and it was just the one of the most intense metal albums ever.

Even later on, when they added more melody to their sound, they never lost their edge. Too bad so many metalheads ignore metalcore, and most metalcore fans don't even listen to anything pre-Killswitch/Suicide Silence, or else Converge would be just as revered as Slayer, Death, or Burzum. Seriously, Jane Doe is easily as great as Reign in Blood or Filosofem.

From their awesome third album, When Forever Comes Crashing.

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote