Music Banter - View Single Post - The rise and fall of musical genres
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 11:24 AM   #138 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Yeah, they probably think they're being "edgy". As far as I'm concerned, I like what I like, be it popular or not, and have always been that way. I have never NOT listened to an artiste because someone told me they weren't cool, though young Trollheart did cast aspersions on the likes of ABBA, Madness, Barry Manilow etc. When I found I liked those bands though (Madness excepted) I just listened to them; I didn't think Oh I can't listen to this! What would my friends say?

Also, I had no friends...
This is still how I am to this day haha. I love Deftones, I listen to 30 Seconds To Mars, love BUSH, listen to Seether time to time, like a few Nickelback songs (these songs still suck, just a little catchy), I spin The Killers now and again, just bands that most people here would sh*t on, and it's because I listen to what grabs my attention, popular or cool, good or not, it doesn't matter.

...curious thing is how some here STILL don't get that about me, and they think picking on me for it will hit a nerve. Most recently was Batty going after me for posting up a Beartooth song, of course he was just having fun (he did hate them though), I still laughed and cranked up Beartooth's album, unapologetic.