Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Album Survivor [1st Wave Black Metal Division]
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 08:01 PM   #1604 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnicLePanther View Post
Boring is an irrelevant word.
How? It's a word with a meaning. The album bores me. So it is boring.

Quote:
Redundant means something, as does "not done well". However, boring is an opinionated word, not a proper description.
"Redundant" and "not done well" are also opinionated. And who the **** cares? Musical taste is subjective, and so any statement made about it is going to be opinionated. Also, I've already said twice why I found it to be boring.

Quote:
Please don't use "boring" in a descriptive statement, because it just annoys people.
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnicLePanther View Post
Saying something "is boring" is incorrect, and is much more harsh than saying "I find it boring."

I rest my case.
The fact that I'm saying it means that it is my personal opinion. Adding "I find it" is redundant, and usually just a way for someone to soften the blow of an opinion they fear will bother other people. "I find it" is for pussies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Mortem View Post
I actually haven't even listened to them. Ever. Maybe I'll do that and edit my selection at some point but these ****in polls move too quickly.
Yeah, you can't vote for albums you've never listened to. It's a rule I instituted after someone who shall remain nameless, Unknown Soldier, did the exact same thing.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote