Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 09:42 AM   #33778 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Sat through my first deposition yesterday up in Irvine CA. We deposed the dude that was working for mega-corp, and was my main point of contact during the key years. There was five different attorneys in the room (all $500+ an hour types) during the entire thing.

I emailed our attorney to ask him how he thought things went. (the dude was just about dancing as we left the building). We KILLED it. Here's a bit of his response.

Quote:
XXX testified he was the project engineer on the Control Contractor model development and he essentially gave Chula full design credit for the models. Not only did he make it clear that Chula designed the CC series, he called your designs “groundbreaking” more than once I think! In essence he said that Chula’s designs changed the industry because there was nothing on the market before then that combined high quality sound performance with ease of installation. I had not realized before that the mechanical design you came up with was so unique. I think XXX made it clear that it was a primary reason the line has become so successful

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote