Music Banter - View Single Post - The Themed Top Ten Movies Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 02:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Vampires?

Interview with the vampire. We got our hands on Vampire : The Masquerade when it came and it was a real buzz. The romantic, gothy, Anne Rice-y vampires of the 90s was a big part of my teens.

Bram Stoker's Dracula - There are some horrible performances here. Keanu Reeves does some of the worst acting for his pay grade. Still, the movie is fun and even if Wynona Ryder and Keanu are wooden, Tom Waits and Anthony Hopkins goofy, Gary Oldman makes up for it all with the best ever vampire portrayal. Even better than Max Schreck.

Other than those two, Låt Den Retta Komme Inn and Only Lovers Left Alive I enjoyed. Near Dark from the 80s was good. The original Nosferatu is cool, but drags a bit. I enjoyed Werner Herzog's Dracula the Vampyre. Both the original Fright Night and the remake are pretty enjoyable.

Movies I don't like so much are Thirst, A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night, From Dusk Till Dawn, Lost Boys ..

I might add Lifeforce to my list though because it has a sexy space-vampiress in it, awesome 80s horror effects and a scene where Patrick Stewart gets repeatedly slapped in the face and called a bitch.