Music Banter - View Single Post - The Themed Top Ten Movies Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 04:22 PM   #24 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Best Horror Movies of the 2010s

I love horror. This list was hard. I FULLY urge you to seek out and watch any of these films that you haven not seen or heard of.

1. We Are What We Are - Weird number one but I couldn't help myself. It's perfect. I was blown away by this film when I first saw it. The ending shocked me and the acting and pace of the film created a perfect cloud of suspense. I like my horror films to be a bit crazy and this film managed to hit the perfect note on the crazy scale.

2. Borgman - One of the strangest yet disturbing films I've ever seen. I still don't fully understand it but it left me completely uneasy about myself. Non traditional horror film but certainly nightmare fuel. This is a less seen one so you all should check it out.

3 The Innkeepers - I love ghost stories. This is a perfectly paced and shot ghost story. The actors gave realistic performances and I just love the concept of doing a creepy hotel ghost story correctly. House ofthe Devil came out in '09 so I couldn't put that here but really anything Ti West does is worth watching.

4. Only Lovers Left Alive - This would be higher if it was actually scary but I include it because it has horror elements and themes. Like I said in the vampire list, it's a wonderful film to just kick back and hang out with due to the music and performances.

5. Kill List - Easily the scariest final twenty minutes in a film I’ve ever seen. It threw me for a loop for ****ing days. One of the few films that completely changes genre in the final twenty minutes. The film is brutal and provides, along with the ass clenching suspense, one of the most what the **** endings ever. It’s a treat.

6. The Loved Ones - Batsh*t. Totally effin batsh*t film. It’s fun. It’s horrifying. It’s Australian. I can’t say enough about this one. Actually, saying any more than what I have already said will give too much away. Just find a way to see this one.

7. The Act of Killing - A documentary can’t be a horror movie you say? PSHHHHHHHH! If you watch this film and tell me that there isn’t an ungodly amount of horror in this film then your soul is black and void. The film scared the absolute sh*t out of me. The scariest part is that it is all real. This sh*t actually happened.

8. I Saw The Devil - Fantastic Korean revenge film that really ups the horror and gore that never gets associated with typical revenge films. It's extremely intense and well shot but that's expected from Jee-woon Kim.

9. It Follows - I liked this much better the second time I saw it. Wonderful 80's soundtrack goes perfectly with the setting of a pacific northwestern town. The "monster" is also very unique and I really liked the young actors in this film. I like unique films and this fits the bill.

10. Evil Dead - The remake. I save this last spot for gore. Usually I'm not the biggest gore fan unless it has a purpose but I just really had a lot of fun with this one. Great film to throw on at a party or something. Sometimes it's okay to just get bloody with a horror film.

Honorable Mentions...

You're Next
Cabin in the Woods
Spring
The Babadook
The Skin I Live In
The Conjuring

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote