Music Banter - View Single Post - Number one reason i dont contribute to music discussions
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 02:45 PM   #53 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnels View Post
That's fair I guess. Over the years I've realized that my thought process while listening to music is usually either "I enjoy this" or "I don't enjoy this." So, I've found that I don't really have much to contribute to music discussions in general without being dishonest.
i can sort of sympathize with this sentiment... cause for most genres of music (rock/metal/classical/jazz/pop/etc) that is basically the extent of what i have to say.

i might have more to say about specific artists in some cases... but yea. i try to take music pretty loosely. and there's just so much of it that there's a lot of genres i don't really feel confident enough to judge them casually

but i have a lot to say about hip hop/rap music (yes, they're the same thing @ semantic-***s) mostly cause it is the music i was listening to during my critical years of development and so i have a decade or two invested in exploring this particular genre
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote