Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2015, 12:17 PM   #11793 (permalink)
Plainview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef K View Post
I've heard all but #3 and #8, and TPAB and I Don't Like **** are the only ones I like. I mean, there are good songs on most of them but really a lot of these have struck me as super overrated. That's not a criticism of you, but there are a lot of albums that have been getting a huge amount of buzz this year that I just can't get into (C&L, Currents, The Epic, In Colour), and I'm not sure why that is. Am I finally getting old?
Currents wasn't that stand out but I can't stop listening to it so I shoehorned it in. Also I've just started liking Drake and so I imagine my view of that album will be dampened somewhat. I do however love The Epic, really can't get enough of it. And yeah Carrie and Lowell isn't quite as amazing as others make it out to be, but I think it's still excellent. Honestly I haven't kept up to date particularly this year so it'll probably look pretty different at the end of the year. Also I thought Shadows in the Night was just brill.
The overuse of babe/baby, the lack of any sort of discernible originality, the melodrama and the general sense of an especially heinous sort of hardcore vapid stupidity all make me want to jab my eyes out with a drill-press and then hang myself from the CN Tower with an electrified rope that sends shocks in excess of 10,000 volts through my body as I slowly die. While listening to Dream Theater.
Plainview is offline   Reply With Quote