Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2015, 12:26 PM   #11798 (permalink)
Josef K
A Jew on a motorbike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plainview View Post
Currents wasn't that stand out but I can't stop listening to it so I shoehorned it in. Also I've just started liking Drake and so I imagine my view of that album will be dampened somewhat. I do however love The Epic, really can't get enough of it. And yeah Carrie and Lowell isn't quite as amazing as others make it out to be, but I think it's still excellent. Honestly I haven't kept up to date particularly this year so it'll probably look pretty different at the end of the year. Also I thought Shadows in the Night was just brill.
I think the Drake album is fine, and yeah Shadows in the Night is perfectly okay - I'm a huge Dylan fan but I'm probably not going to listen to it again in the foreseeable future.

TPAB > Section.80 > GKMC - but none of them have ever been close to being my AOTY, although I completely enjoy all three.

I think Currents is... not good. I've never liked Tame Impala but I almost wish he would just go back to ripping off Lennon.

The Epic bores me a lot - the middle part is pretty good, but as a whole I think it's way too smooth and pretty safe. I see what he's going for but, as I think I've said before, there's no reason for me to ever listen to it instead of Pharoah Sanders or Alice Coltrane.

The singles from In Colour are fine. I've heard some people saying "Loud Places" is the best song of the year and I think that's kind of ridiculous, but like it's catchy and the backing vocals are pretty cool, plus I'm into the songs it samples.
Josef K is offline   Reply With Quote