Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Month III is coming!
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2015, 01:59 PM   #175 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default Second Year Syndrome

I'm aware that last year I trashed, or at least was very unkind to, a lot of albums that were suggested by members here. There was of course no intention to insult or belittle anyone's choice of music, but I'm aware that I may not have given some of the albums a fair chance.

As a result, I offer you the opportunity to convince me. If you think an album of yours received too harsh treatment in Metal Month II, or was not given a fair chance, post and tell me and I will listen to it again and advise what my feelings are about it, one year on. I won't be re-reviewing anything, but I will tell you if, now that my appreciation of/tolerance for the more extreme types of metal is starting to change and grow and adapt, I have a different opinion of it than I did in 2014.

I'll then feature all the albums in a section called (guess?) "Second Year Syndrome", where I'll write a brief (and I mean brief) piece on each, telling you what, if anything, has changed my mind about the albums.

So I'm talking to those who recced albums for "Don't listen to that --- listen to this!" and the top tens of course. Batty's Torture Chamber albums are exempt, as I was supposed to hate them.