Music Banter - View Single Post - Is this where to post about binaural beats/isochronic tones?
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 04:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
ChelseaDagger
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
I have no idea what you're talking about. Is there a song you can use as an exmpl of a binaural beat?
I am hesitant to post examples from, say, youtube, and here's why...

I think a lot of the stuff on there is more "placebo" binaural beats marketed toward trendies who want to feel enlightened. There's really no way to measure the effectiveness in a controlled way. Furthermore, I read once that playing binaural beats on a wireless device vs. a home sound system can result in different levels of bioresonance (meaning, if the sound waves are not properly absorbed into your body then anything you experience is probably placebo).

However, youtube aside, I'm pretty sure that binaural beats are not just placebo; otherwise, the military wouldn't have spent oodles of money on projects like the developing of binaural weaponry (ie: "brown sound"... Which, when played supposedly causes a physiological reaction in your body in which your bowels immediately release their "content").

So yeah, the technology does exist...But WHICH beats are legitimately binaurl vs. which ones are bandwagon placebos... Well, I just don't know. That was one reason I started this thread... hoping others might be able to offer the answers i lack...I'm sorry I couldn't offer a better explanation or helpful vids.
ChelseaDagger is offline   Reply With Quote