Music Banter - View Single Post - Rick and Morty
Thread: Rick and Morty
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 04:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
EPOCH6
V8s & 12 Bars

My homies made me binge the entire first season and the second season up to Get Schwifty a couple of weeks ago after I neglected to start watching it on my own. In highschool I was totally burnt out on the ultra-hyper look-how-weird-I-am animated series style dominated by Egoraptor, OneyNG, ADHD, and all of those others dudes on YouTube. So any time I get a whiff of that sort of approach to animation it immediately turns me off and I avoid it, which is unfortunate and unfair, because a lot of these animated series are actually pretty good, like Rick & Morty (and Apollo Gauntlet). Because of this bias I don't seem to get as much out of Rick & Morty as most people do but I have to admit that it's pretty damn clever most of the time. A Rickle In Time, Lawnmower Dog, Total Rickall, Rixty Minutes, Meeseeks & Destroy, and a couple other episodes with the exaggerated nods to sci-fi were all great.

More of Rick's devices and less of Jerry, Beth, and Summer, please.
There's 3 reason why the Rolling Stones are better. I'm going to list them here. 1. Jimi Hendrix from Rolling Stones was a better guitarist then Jimmy Page 2. The bassist from Rolling Stones isn't dead 3. Rolling Stobes wrote Stairway to Heaven and The Ocean so we all know they are superior here.
EPOCH6 is offline   Reply With Quote