Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 04:33 PM   #23660 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Plaid - EGR45-00001 [EP] (2015)
3 brand new tracks released on the new label Elektron Grammofon - featuring artists using Elektron hardware from the Swedish manufacturer. First in the series, and strictly limited to 300 copies. Glad I was able to score one. Oh the music? Yeah these are really strong tracks - on the hard side for Plaid.

Downloads/streams:

Container - LP (2015)
Dark, minimal, and industrial techno. It's cold so it'll require more listens to fully absorb, but it works well while trying to get some work done - which is the only condition under which I've listened to it so far.

An Emergency - Wrecked Angles (2008)
Quite mathy indie rock, featuring Dan Reeves of Cold Pumas and The Soft Walls.

Omi Palone - Omi Palone (2014)
Really digging this UK indie rock album with post-punk undertones. Only problem is it's too short.

Thundercat - The Beyond / Where the Giants Roam [EP] (2015)
I haven't listened to his other releases but I heard one track from this that caught my attention. Only played once so far but it seems pretty cool.

AFX - orphaned deejay selek 2006-08 [EP] (2015)
This is really good, I prefer it to Syro and the Computer Controlled... EP.

Mind Spiders - Inhumanistic (2013)
I've had this in my queue for some time and after hearing a number of songs over and over and getting sick of them, I thought I'd finally give the whole album a spin and get it over with. It's pretty good garage punk, though I might have enjoyed it more if it was a fresh listen.

Spider Bags - Frozen Letter (2014)
Ditto what I said for Mind Spiders.

Kelpe - The Curved Line (2015)
Latest album from the UK wonky/downtempo/IDM producer making warm hip-hop influenced beats.

Drinks - Hermits on Holiday (2015)
New collaboration album between Cate Le Bon and Tim Presley (White Fence) is experimental and psychedelic pop/rock with 60s influences. A few songs have stood out after my second listen, but some are tedious.