Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 11:57 PM   #10844 (permalink)
Two Spirit
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
2Pac & Biggie are over rated.
Not overly controversial. They're only remembered because they died so early in their career, like Kurt Cobain. Good rappers, but not enough to warrant the fan worship that still exists today.

Quote:
ICP is not completely talentless.
Can't agree here. I've tried to listen to their stuff, but I end up backing out less than a minute into any of their tracks.

Quote:
Slipknot's new album is their best album.
Only controversial to the super fans that think their self-titled debut and/or Iowa are their best releases. Most fans consider The Gray Chapter to be at least up to par with those two albums. Most won't even scoff if you say it's your favorite.

Quote:
Kanye West is a genius.
Extremely debatable. The guy receives a lot of hate from people who assume he's another "bitches and hos" type of rapper, and he does rise above a lot of that crap in mainstream hip hop.

But a genius? I'll have to pass. He's too egotistical and while a great rapper, he over hypes himself beyond any reasonable measure, especially when he's proclaiming himself the new "rockstar" and putting out dreck like Yeezus.

Quote:
Rap has evolved.
This is more of a fact than opinion.

Quote:
Micheal Jackson is over rated.
Eh, somewhat. He still remains in my mind one of the most consistent pop stars to perform in the past half century.

Although I would agree that since his death, he has become overrated in the sense that people sort of view him as a pop God. It was amazing to watch the public's perception of him as a monstrous pedophile instantly change the moment he died. Now even suggesting that he molested children gets met with fan rage about how he was framed and that it's insensitive to "tarnish" his image like that. Shows how easily led people are.

Quote:
Every genre has at least a handful of good songs. Except for Death Industrial. Okay, even they have their place.
This is true.

Quote:
Over labeling hinders creativity.
Sure, but only if the artists and the fans let themselves be boxed in by such labels. As unfortunate as it is, labels are just part of our human nature in wanting to categorize everything that we come in contact with.

Quote:
Rap is the most diverse genre out there.
I find it to be the opposite. I'm not much of a hip hop fan in general, but the genre has become incredibly stale, at least from what I've been hearing in the mainstream.
Two Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote