Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 09:26 AM   #7879 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Titan Souls - AKA Shadow of the Colossal Dark Souls

Basically it's a 2D game in the environment of Shadow of the Colossus wherein there are only boss enemies to fight in a large open world mixed with the "if at first you don't succeed, die die die again" attitude of Dark Souls. You die in 1 hit but so do the boss monsters (for the most part, sometimes you have to get through their defenses) and you have 1 arrow which you have to retrieve if you miss your mark. Much like in Shadow of the Colossus the boss fights can also be considered puzzles as you have to figure out what you need to do to defeat them, for instance I was fighting this giant brain in an block of ice and I had to shoot my arrow through a flame to melt the ice, and then shoot it again now that its defense was down. So far there's no story so it's just a skill challenge which I don't mind at first, but without the hint of a story shown in the environment or item descriptions like in Dark Souls or the cutscenes and exposition of Shadow of the Colossus I don't know how long I'll stick with this one. It's a good game to play at night while I listen to a podcast or something, but I do feel I'll get a ways into this game and just drop it because I'm bored.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote