Music Banter - View Single Post - Any suggestions for horrorcore that's actually worth listening to?
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 11:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Also, I want to point out, since I skimmed through your reviews, that a lot of juggalos listen to Slayer and Black Flag. In fact, who doesn't listen to Slayer?
Not the ones I've known over the years. For the most part, they were close-minded goons who liked to pretend that they liked their music because it wasn't mainstream, but seemed to like juggalo music for the exact same reasons anybody likes the mainstream: it's catchy and doesn't take any brain power to get into. Anything that really took any kind of effort to get into, they had no time for.

I'm trying to think of Psychopathic albums I actually like that aren't either Twiztid or ICP, and the only one that really comes to mind is Violent J's Wizard of the Hood (****ing fantastic record that I blazed many a brain cell to). Maybe at some point I'll have the desire to give other stuff another chance, but it's hard to drum up much enthusiasm about The Harvest or ABK.

Boondox will have to have come a VERY long way for me to tolerate him. On his debut his rapping is just so awful that it defies reason. It's almost like he's trying to trick you into thinking he has talent by rapping fastish and with a kind of bouncy rhythm, but his verses are just repetitive and dull to the point of being mind-numbing. It would be one thing if he had the personality of ICP or Twiztid, but he does not.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote