Music Banter - View Single Post - Any suggestions for horrorcore that's actually worth listening to?
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 05:51 AM   #17 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Twiztid
Insane Poetry
Grave Diggas
Esham
Natas
Blaze
Boondox
Axe Murder Boyz
KGP
Sons Of Satan
SickTanicK
Razakel
Stitch Mouth
Komatose
Killa Capone
Ho99o9
Tapeworm
Hyenas In The Desert
Eminem
Tech N9ne (sometimes)
Dark Half (RIP Geno CultshXt)
Scum
Prozak
Tyler, The Creator
Earl Sweatshirt
ShyOne
Psycho Jesus
Mars
Kid Crusher
Jak Progresso
Lo Key
DZK
Daniel Jordan
Heaven
Akvon
Project Born

I'm a big horrorcore fan but the biggest issue with horrorcore is the lack of talent.
Thank you for the list. As I mentioned in the OP, I'm a fan of Gravediggaz. Obviously I'm familiar with Eminem, but he's not someone I'd consider horrorcore. And of course I'm familiar with ICP, I can't stand them though. Tyler, the Creator has a couple good tracks, but most of his music I'm not a fan of. I like Earl, especially the new album, but it's not something I'd call horrorcore. Tech N9ne, Prozak, and Mars I've listened to but wasn't impressed. There doesn't really seem to be anything horror-y about any of those three at all, except maybe Mars lyrics, but lyrics alone aren't enough to make want to listen to something. Like I said to Grindy above, it's the music I care about, lyrics are just icing on the cake. With that in mind, do you have any specific comments about the other bands on your list that might give me an idea of which ones would appeal to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Oh, I forgot to mention the Phonk! SpaceGhostPurrp.
I like SpaceGhostPurrp. There's nothing remotely horrorcore about him though.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote