Music Banter - View Single Post - Any suggestions for horrorcore that's actually worth listening to?
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 02:41 PM   #26 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Thank you for the list. As I mentioned in the OP, I'm a fan of Gravediggaz. Obviously I'm familiar with Eminem, but he's not someone I'd consider horrorcore. And of course I'm familiar with ICP, I can't stand them though. Tyler, the Creator has a couple good tracks, but most of his music I'm not a fan of. I like Earl, especially the new album, but it's not something I'd call horrorcore. Tech N9ne, Prozak, and Mars I've listened to but wasn't impressed. There doesn't really seem to be anything horror-y about any of those three at all, except maybe Mars lyrics, but lyrics alone aren't enough to make want to listen to something. Like I said to Grindy above, it's the music I care about, lyrics are just icing on the cake. With that in mind, do you have any specific comments about the other bands on your list that might give me an idea of which ones would appeal to me?

I like SpaceGhostPurrp. There's nothing remotely horrorcore about him though.
Tech N9ne has horrorcore songs, but over all isn't horrorcore.
Prozak used to do horrorcore, then he made this huge change and raps about saving the earth.

I know newer Brotha Lynch Hung albums definitely have that.
Twiztid's W.I.C.K.E.D. has that.
Esham's KKKill The Fetus
SickTanicK
Older Razakel, but now days she's doing this horror pop type stuff.
Dark Half, Geno had an amazing singing voice.
Natas's Doubelievingod
Hyenas In The Desert is a one album group from the 90s that's like Gravediggaz and Flatlinerz

I'll also recommend Ho99o9. They are an industrial punk rap group. I'm not a fan of their punk rock songs but I do like everything else they do a lot.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote