Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Showdown (Round 1) - Slipknot vs Marilyn Manson
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 03:47 PM   #19 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
'It's all relative to the size of your steeple'
'The week ones are always there to justify the strong'

It's a review on social classism. Very important in the context of the album's story.

The Dope Show uses drugs as a metaphor for fame which also fits into the context of that album's story.
Well. I know all too well the point or narrative of Manson and his lyrics. He knew how to put a perspective on things most didn't or would not pay attention to in society at the time he was fairly popular, and he was labeled everything from a satanist, to a supporter of suicide and promoter of violence. Really people just didn't like getting the worlds problems shoved in their face, more comfortable being complacent to things like that.

Point is that in the world of writers, lyricists, what have you. I feel that Manson was not so great, not to what you claim he is certainly not. But when you put him against people like Chester Bennington of Linkin Park or Johnathon Davis of Korn, Manson sounds like a genius (not really) lyrically, but don't take that as something positive for Manson, it just means he manages to write better than two other sub par writers. Not really something to give kudos over.

If you feel that I am demeaning you or your opinion, you're taking away the wrong thing from what I'm saying. Like who you want to like man.

Last edited by CoNtrivedNiHilism; 09-04-2015 at 04:08 PM.
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote