Music Banter - View Single Post - Any suggestions for horrorcore that's actually worth listening to?
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 08:58 PM   #29 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
have you checked out necro affiliates like mr hyde? Ill come back later omw to school but i might have some stuff for ya.
I haven't checked out Mr. Hyde but I have checked out Ill Bill and Danny Diablo. Neither are horrorcore, but I think both are decent.

Funny side note: one of those German recs from Grindy actually has a Goretex appearance on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I don't dislike Necro, but I find his voice off-putting. He just has this monotone delivery that's kind of boring to listen to. And Death Rap had some truly cringe-worthy moments: having John Tardy from Obituary and Jamie Jasta from Hatebreed sing the choruses to two of the songs was one of the less good ideas I've heard in a long time.
I like his voice a lot actually, there's something kind of thuggish about it that just works for me.

Those songs you mentioned are actually from The Pre-Fix for Death and the one with Jamie Jasta is one of my favorite songs on that album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
And Twiztid are a hard group to rec. They're definitely a cut above their peers, but they use pretty much the same shtick. But I don't know that I'd call them horrorcore in the way you're looking for. They're more of a wannabe gangsta group with more violent lyrics (at least when they're not referencing juggalos).

Their debut, Mostasteless, is the least juggalo of their albums, and pretty solid throughout, if you can take their recycled gangsta rap personas. This song right here is actual horrorcore though. It's pretty much a adaptation of Halloween (as in the movie).

That song seems ok. I could possibly see it growing on me.

I'll check out the rest of the videos when I have little more time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
KKKill the Fetus and Abominationz. As for Necro, did you check out The Murder Murder Kill Kill Double EP released a few years ago? I really liked it.
Yep, I have everything he's released except the freestyle collections. MMKK isn't my favorite but it's still very good.

I'll check out those other two recommendations.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote