Music Banter - View Single Post - Any suggestions for horrorcore that's actually worth listening to?
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 05:06 AM   #31 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Huh. I only ever listened to Necro when this one friend threw him on, and I could swear he was playing Death Rap. I just listened to both of those songs again, and while I actually liked Necro more than I used to, I still think they're pointless: having a rapper come in on a death metal song doesn't really work, and the screamy guy from Hatebreed sounds like **** on a rap song that is otherwise pretty good.
There's been a long relationship between hip hop and New York/northeast hardcore going all the way back to the Beastie Boys in the 80s so it doesn't seem like an odd combination to me, not to mention Jasta's vocals on that track are about a hair's width from being rapping themselves. Necro is easily as influenced by hardcore as he is by metal and also collaborated with hardcore guy turned rapper Danny Diablo on that same album and the dude from Cro-Mags on Death Rap.

I do agree that the one with the guy from Obituary is an awkward fit though. I don't hate it, but it's one of the weaker tracks on the album.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote