Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 06:17 PM   #34090 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
So, the other day when I went to the doc I weighed 147 pounds fully clothed and with shoes on. Last time I went I was 168. I got needles in both arms on Monday and I still have pretty nasty bruises in both places (never happened before). I've always been a clean your plate kinda guy when it comes to food. Lately I've been tossing away about a third of anything I order or make.

WTF is going on with my body???
So you can't hold down food, have lost hella weight, and it's almost certainly something to do with your digestive system? It's pretty rare, but my mom had something (I can never remember the name, sorry) that had those effects, and she was below 100 pounds by the time it was figured out what she had and got surgery for it.

It was basically that she had an artery out of place that was putting pressure on her stomach, making it nearly impossible to eat solid food. She literally survived almost exclusively on protein shakes and ice cream for over a year, and when she did eat real food, she'd be sick and able to taste what she'd eaten for days afterward. Like I said, it's rare, but it may also be under reported since doctors often assume that the patient is just anorexic.

Not saying it's what you have, but just a little food for thought if the docs can't figure out what's wrong.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote