Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 12:19 PM   #34128 (permalink)
Josef K
A Jew on a motorbike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I know he's Jewish, but I think I was far too messed up to be consciously aware of it, or at least not in the beginning -- though if I was made aware/remembered that fact, I almost certainly would have milked that for all it was worth. I assume that I just wanted to play music that was as "**** the world!" as possible.
I think you must have been consciously aware of it - I remember playing a song and saying "A guy sang this at my family's last Passover Seder."
Quote:
I do remember going on about how gore lyrics in death metal weren't really all that offensive, but Nazi lyrics are legitimately subversive and therefore superior. I only remember actually playing the one NSBM song though...

Love the Hitler speeches as vocals. Genius.
You did play this.
Quote:
I also recall that afterward he mentioned Skrewdriver, which might have incited me to play some Final War, as they are the only ROC band that I feel truly worth listening to. No idea if I did though. If so then it was probably one of these two songs...

Nope.
Quote:
I think I might have thrown in some Grand Belial's Key, but again, no idea. If I was playing a bunch of Nazi metal then I'm sure I would have, since as far as NSBM bands who have actual Nazi lyrics (as opposed to Burzum), the only bands I listen to are GBK and Absurd (or at least some Absurd, as they are pretty inconsistent). If I did, I would have almost certainly bumped this, since incorporating old Hebrew music into a song denigrating Jews is despicable trolling at its finest.

Yep.
Quote:
Does that sound about right?

I clearly remember getting Joseph into Slayer though ("Seasons in the Abyss", followed by "Angel of Death", and then "Spill the Blood"). And then I think I blew his mind with Anaal Nathrakh's "Pandemic Hyperblast". Definitely some Fuck the Facts, but I have no idea what he thought of that. Oh yeah, I started the session by playing two Cannibal Corpse songs.

I still can only assume that after I got back from smoking that bowl I stopped trying to play songs myself, since I'm sure I would have been far too ****ed up to operate something as complicated as the Plug playlist.
This all happened.
Josef K is offline   Reply With Quote