Music Banter - View Single Post - L.o.v.e.
Thread: L.o.v.e.
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 02:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Grendal
Groupie

Default L.o.v.e.

I tried this on another site but nobody responded. I was sure it would click with a lot of people but maybe not.
I'm looking for some help here to identify a song which I think comes from around 2000 or maybe early noghties( though I could be years out!). I first heard it as background music to some football footage on the programme on Saturday afternoon on the BBC which previews the day's football. The next time I heard it was when one of the female DJs from Radio 1 was being introduced when she was handing out gongs for some music awards ceremony and i thought "oh that's good, I wonder who that is."
I've never heard it since and its never really bothered me till i heard it on my car radio a couple of weeks ago when i was flicking through channels on my car radio. I flicked the dial trying to get a better signal and lost it and now, for some reason, I cant get it out my mind. Its like an itch I cant scratch and need to know what it is.
The trouble is, I know so little about the song, other than it is very good ( and therefore I assume, well-known) so here goes,
It is like something Pulp might have done around 2000 and, though i don't know the words i suspect they're slightly humorous and tongue-in-cheek. The main thing I remember is that the four-line chorus began L-O-V-E with each line of the chorus starting with a word beginning with L-O-V-E, you know the kind of thing, with the backing singers doing the L.O.V.E. bit and the lead voclist singing the line (or maybe visa-versa). Yup, sounds a bit cheesey but I think that's where the humour comes in. The other thing I seem to recall is that there's "a lot of words" in the lines like, for instance, the lyrics in Get Out Of Denver though not so extreme.
OK, I know I've not described it very well but I suspect it will be well-known to people who are more clued-up than me.
If anyone knows please scratch that itch!

Last edited by Grendal; 09-07-2015 at 03:06 PM.
Grendal is offline   Reply With Quote