Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 09:37 AM   #268 (permalink)
Key

Let's Talk About...SOMA
Part 1: Teaser trailers and what to expect

So, here is a game I have been waiting for a long time, and unfortunately due to the release date, I have to wait a little bit longer. But I just want to talk about some of the things that have already been released about this game that makes it something to look forward to. First things first, let's talk about who's making it.

Not sure if you know this already, but if you don't, you're in for a treat. SOMA is being developed by none other than Frictional Games. If you are unsure as to who Frictional Games are, we can't be friends. Just kidding. Frictional Games are known for games series such as the Amnesia series and of a series called Penumbra, which I haven't actually played myself. Much like Amnesia: The Dark Descent, and unlike Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs, Frictional Games will be developing and publishing SOMA. So, now you're asking "so, what's to look forward to?". Well, from the information that they've provided so far, we're going to be getting a game placed in PATHOS-2, which is an underwater research facility where the machines are taking human characteristics. Honestly, at first when I heard of this game, I wasn't really quite sure what to expect from it, and obviously I can't really say that my expectations have been met, but with the teasers that have been released and some screenshots to go along with it, I'm sure this game is going to be in my favorites list pretty quickly.

Here's the teaser trailer if you're interested. There's been a lot of controversy over the fact that the player talks, and that the voice actor sucks, but I kind of like it. I'm more comfortable not having it be voice acted, but it's not going to ruin the game for me:

I could watch this trailer over and over again, and I'd get excited each time. The graphics look awesome, the gameplay looks great, and the gore looks wonderful.