Music Banter - View Single Post - That feeling when...
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 06:46 PM   #2798 (permalink)
Aux-In
Wrinkled Magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddler View Post
Some things you can slide by with getting the cheap stuff. But if it's something you're going to use often, or want/need it to work when you need it to work, it's generally better to assume that cheap price means cheap quality. Obviously this isn't always the case - $0.97 towels from Walmart do the same thing that $3 towels from Target does but that's neither here nor there.
Here's what the situation was: I needed a new battery and power cable for my laptop. My laptop is about 6 to 8 years old. So, you can get OEM aftermarket parts or OEM original (used) parts off ebay. I went with the latter, as in the past aftermarket parts did well initially, as they're brand new, but they pooped out after a year or so.

I've done the whole buy cheapo power cables off ebay thing for years now, because an aftermarket universal one is $44 at the least. Used OEM power cable = $16.99. Turns out the ebay special didn't work, so I had to go and buy the $44 universal cable anyway. Now I spent $60.99 instead of $44.

"All over a bowl of bitter beans."
Aux-In is offline   Reply With Quote