Music Banter - View Single Post - That feeling when...
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 07:17 PM   #2802 (permalink)
Aux-In
Wrinkled Magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddler View Post
I bought a new laptop last year, and it was a 100% improvement over my old one. Then again, though, my old one was running on 4 gigs of RAM, whereas this one is running on 8. Windows 8 is what it is, not bad, not good in my opinion. But when I buy another one, I'm seriously considering going with Apple.
For me it was the newer touch pad technologies that were barely receptive to touch and they combine the left/right clicks in one. Wheras with this one, it's butter smooth and there is separation of the buttons. A few other quirks like that, combined with the fact that speed improvements are negligeable for my use. Mine is one of those HP Media computers, so that's probably why it can still handle the Internet as it currently exists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddler View Post
Then again, though, my old one was running on 4 gigs of RAM, whereas this one is running on 8. Windows 8 is what it is, not bad, not good in my opinion. But when I buy another one, I'm seriously considering going with Apple.
Haven't used 8. I have the automatic update for Windows 10 sitting in my icon tray, but I haven't used it.

"All over a bowl of bitter beans."
Aux-In is offline   Reply With Quote