Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 12:01 PM   #7898 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Just bought this in my new quest to explore horror games. Annoying that I had to install the game onto my 360, leaving my old-as-**** system with less than a gig of space. I know this is because a lot of newer games are made for the next gen systems, making it necessary to install them on last gen ones, lest loading times become all-consumingly awful. I guess I should just be grateful that game developers are actually releasing next XBone games on the 360, or else god knows when I'd ever get to play them.

The text is also so small that I'll probably go blind trying to read anything, which makes recognizing door codes you get from terminals an absolute bitch. Half the time it's so hard to make anything out that I don't even try.

Luckily I've watched Markiplier's and Pewdiepie's playthroughs, so I won't have to miss out on the stories you get from the terminals, but it's still irritating. Unfortunately it also means that I know the plot of the game and some of the tactics I'd otherwise need to discover through trial and error.

But I imagine nothing will detract from or prepare me for the stress of dealing with the alien, so it's all good. I'm just looking to piss myself. Will make sure to smoke a giant bowl just before the alien finally appears. Weed makes me paranoid, so I'm sure I'll be absolutely terrified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crudivore View Post
Batman Arkham City. Really enjoyed the 1st one, but this is seriously starting to piss me off.
How can you not like Arkham City??? I love the first one for it's dark atmosphere and setting, Metroid-style game advancement, tight story and pacing, and use of Batman's rogues gallery, but the open world setting of Arkham City, improved combat system, and likewise awesome story, were brilliant as well. Absolutely love that both games are so different.

The setting wasn't as consistently immersive (the Penguin's museum and R'as al Ghul's underworld city being the obvious standouts), but it actually made it feel more like a Batman story. Also loved that after every plot section the enemies in the city would respawn and I could spend an hour taking them all down again -- some people might find that too tedious to do every time, but I loved it, and it added an element of RPG grinding that my OCD nature jerked off to.

Also loved that the Riddler trophies actually meant something other than just collecting **** for a 100% completion. And the addition of puzzles made the whole enterprise far more entertaining.

I do wish that the story had concentrated more on R'as al Ghul though, and less on the Joker. It made the central plot feel less important, and the endgame less climactic than it should have been. I love Mark Hamill and the Joker as much as the next Batman obsessive, but it felt like Rocksteady wanted to (over)use him just to milk DC's cash cow villain. Not that I didn't love the Joker's plotline, but it still took away from what the core story should have been focusing on.

I dig Arkham Asylum maybe a bit more, since it was more immersive, but Arkham City has more replay value. But both games are essential to me, and even if I still traded in games, I'd never even consider getting rid of them. Arkham Knight is actually the game that will single-handedly make me get an XBone over a PS4.

P.S. Is Arkham Origins really as broken as they say? I know it's not supposed to be as good as the first two, but as a Batman/Arkham junkie, I still feel the need to play it. I'm just worried that the epic bugs will make it unplayable.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote