Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 09:21 PM   #7931 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Just FYI, I know I'm talking a lot about how miserable I am playing Alien: Isolation (and I am totally, completely miserable), but I'm so into playing it, that the fact that I'm not having fun in the conventional sense is irrelevant. It's like Metal Machine Music or some other kind of unpleasant music: it's not "enjoyable", but's it's such an immersive and intense experience that I wouldn't trade it for anything. It's all about feeling something more than what boring, day-to-day life zaps from you.

God I hate this game in the best possible way, and I can't wait to beat it and play survival mode just so I can play around with the alien without the distractions of "plot".

Edit: God dam it, I just realized that I'd been procrastinating at a very hateful part of the game, and now I have nothing else to do but hit "Resume Game". I only went for a cigarette break not even an hour ago, but I want another one all the same. I think I'll go for one anyway, just to psyche myself up.

And yeah, I'm not at all ashamed to admit I'm a ****ing pussy. But at least I'm not LiL's purse holder.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.

Last edited by The Batlord; 09-13-2015 at 09:27 PM.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote