Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 10:35 PM   #7935 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Don't care if people are sick of my A:I talk, but I just need to get this **** out due to stress and, you guessed it, isolation...

TFW you finally decide to make that beeline for your objective after five minutes of dubious safety, only to hear, *thump, thump, thump* and then frantically make for the only "safety" possible: the notoriously unsafe locker. Worked, but I hated every second of it.

But dear god was I grateful afterward to make a pussyass detour into a random room out of pure fear of continuing straight on, only to find an unexpected save point. I hadn't saved in so long that a death would have been like a kick to the nuts. Like, rage quit kind of game hate.

I don't know how I've made it this long with only one death (all those Youtube vids from Markiplier and Pewdiepie in the medical station clearly showed at least five deaths a piece on this one part alone) so I'm feeling pretty good about my vaginal hiding in one spot for five/ten/??? minutes before venturing out like a scared rabbit.

I seriously spent at least five minutes under several desks in one room after I made it past the door *spoiler!* where I had to enter the code from Morley's office. Previously I'd spent several minutes under a bed in a room not twenty feet away, then made my way to the aforementioned room, only to camp for what seemed like forever (while being terrorized at least once by the feet of the alien approaching within two feet of my deskular hiding place) before continuing on to the next plot point.

After which my terror forced me to go all the way back to the room from the above paragraph (to of course be terrorized again by the feet of the alien) until I checked the map and realized that I'd forgotten an item/weapon of some sort and a map update. Thank god I found the courage to venture forth once again, as I'd previously missed the blueprint to the noisemaker in an earlier part of the game, and was blessed by the metal gods to find that the item/weapon was the noisemaker mark II.

I've watched enough Youtube playthroughs to know that this is the most important item in the game, and so I was feeling mighty exposed without it (no matter how many flashbangs and smoke bombs I'd constructed). So with the noisemaker and a save station, I'm feeling totally rejuvenated (i.e. marginally less liable to piss myself) and ready to do this ****.

Come on, you H.R. Geiger reject! I ain't scurred (I'm totally scurred).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
If you're feeling gambly you can take a chance on CL around the end of/ beginning of the month. I see a lot of people selling them to make ends meet so you can save and not have to pay tax. If you go this route I would highly recommend trying to put some kind of warranty plan on it though because if it dies you're fucked.
CL? I haven't been keeping up with gaming ****, so I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Is the XBone unreliable hardware or something?

Edit: God damn it! I'm wearing headphones with the volume up as loud as the voice acting will allow, and the alien's footsteps are so loud I can feel them in my skull. I'd say I'm sick of hiding under desks, but that would be a lie.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.

Last edited by The Batlord; 09-13-2015 at 10:41 PM.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote