Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You listening To V.III Metal!
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 05:41 AM   #2682 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

I don't classify Bring Me The Horizon as a metalcore band these days. They started this big change their last album, Sempiternal, which I also liked a lot. Batty. I think you touched briefly on what you think of this band, but I have this curiosity about what you might think of their new album That's The Spirit. It's got all this awesome Pop goodness going on all throughout it, which I was surprised I liked as much as I did. I am not even joking, this is a fantastic album and I believe it has injected something fresh to metalcore in general or at least they have done what pretty much no band in the genre are ballsy enough to do, they still have little nods to the bands past on this album, even if it's not nearly as aggressive as past albums...just way f*cking better though.

This is a huge shot in the dark Batty. But check out Follow You from the new album, and if it has you intrigued about the rest of the album, I really highly recommend checking the entire thing out.

There's zero heavy breakdowns on this album. It's entirely inventive or innovative to the genre they belong to, or belonged to. It's not without its flaws or faults though.

Last edited by CoNtrivedNiHilism; 09-14-2015 at 05:47 AM.
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote