Music Banter - View Single Post - Help Remembering an Artists Name
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 04:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwmackey View Post
Hi all,

I am experiencing a senior moment I was hoping somebody could help me counter. There was female artist I used to listen to a few years back, anywhere between 5 and 15, and I can't for the life of me remember her name. She went by her own name, not a band name. She was fairly well reviewed by the critics, and though somewhat well known among people who followed music, was never a major star. All of her songs were about loss. She sang in a very low, angry, almost moaning tone, almost as if she were in pain and growling. The music was guitar heavy, though I am pretty sure she wasn't the one playing it. It was also heavy on distortion, mostly heavily laid on chords, again in the lower registers, no screaming guitar solos that I can remember. Though I've listened to a couple of her albums dozens of times, I can't seem to remember a single title. I seem to remember only one lyric, something like "Jesus, bring him back to me". I understand this is not much to go on, but I'm hoping some will see this and realize I am describing somebody that they love listening to and it will be obvious to him/her.

Thank in advance,
Scott
PJ HARVEY